Getting Nervous! Day 18 - Lockdown

Ktovarez

In the Brooder
May 31, 2022
I am a little worried, I am on day 18 and my incubator is in “lockdown”. I’m not sure if it’s the weather but I added the recommended water to the incubator but it at 80! Will this hurt the chicks, everywhere I read says to keep them around 65-70. How do I lower the humidity without harming the eggs? Should I be hearing chirping by now? I have 6 Seramas that were all moving prior to lockdown. I hear they hatch early and I’m getting worried since there is no chirping and I can no longer candle the eggs in lockdown.

Any tips/information is much appreciated! It’s my first hatch!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 7
You can get a medicine dropper and use it like a Turkey baster to remove some of the water and lower the humidity a bit.

You can get a medicine dropper and use it like a Turkey baster to remove some of the water and lower the humidity a bit.
Thank you so much! It worked! Do you think the high humidity harmed them too badly to hatch? I’m still not hearing any chirping yet. :(:fl

Thank you so much! It worked! Do you think the high humidity harmed them too badly to hatch? I’m still not hearing any chirping yet. :(:fl
I don’t think that short amount of time would do anything horrible! I didn’t hear any cheeps until day 20, so don’t get nervous! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom