Giant rabbit had one dead kit

Reeceparkeyboii

Hatching
Jan 29, 2021
Hi im new to this im looking for some information. I bred my doe 3 months ago for the first time she had 4 kits 1 still born. They all died die to it being her first litter. She didnt built a nest ect. She was rebreed last month and gave birth to only one very large kit unfortunately it was still born the vet xrayed her and there were no kits stuck. She nest built this time and pulled fur but unfortunately the kit was still born. What could have gone wrong?? Is it normal for rabbits to only have 1 large kit? Shes a giant continental so is the father. When should i rebreed her?? Thankyou so much.

Hi im new to this im looking for some information. I bred my doe 3 months ago for the first time she had 4 kits 1 still born. They all died die to it being her first litter. She didnt built a nest ect. She was rebreed last month and gave birth to only one very large kit unfortunately it was still born the vet xrayed her and there were no kits stuck. She nest built this time and pulled fur but unfortunately the kit was still born. What could have gone wrong?? Is it normal for rabbits to only have 1 large kit? Shes a giant continental so is the father. When should i rebreed her?? Thankyou so much.
How old is she? How old was she the first time you bred her? Was it the same buck every time?
personally if she has failed 3 times I would not breed her again, unless she is my only rabbit (and I can’t get more) or has amazing type, but I don’t know much about continental giants so I don’t know if litter problems are common or not.

If it were me, I would give her ONE more chance. If she failed this time I would not breed her again and then she would be delegated to being either my pet or my dinner.

If a doe only conceives one or two kits, she will often deliver a few days past her due date (day 34 or 35, rather than the normal 31). The babies continue to grow during the extended gestation, so they often wind up huge, and the difficulty of birthing them means they seldom survive.

If I have a doe that loses a litter this way, I give her a day or two to recover, then rebreed her. A doe hits a hormonal peak immediately after kindling that results in her producing the highest number of ripe eggs she is likely ever to produce in a cycle. Breeding a doe at this time usually results in a good-sized litter.

Back
Top Bottom