GLW chicken unbalanced, possible egg binding

Chickenslol

Songster
Sep 26, 2020
idk man, no clue
my girl nickel was acting a bit weird this morning thought i’d ask for help. first, i walked in the run after letting them out and she had diarrhea right in front of me, so i assumed something might be wrong. a little bit later she started walking like a chicken just about to squat around me, so i didn’t think much of it. i then watched her for a bit and saw that she was flexing her abdomen and walking around like she had lost balance. it looked like it all stemmed from her back half. i immediately thought egg binding and started checking her vent. nothing. my next thought was mareks but she has none of the symptoms except the balance, and her legs seem to work fine. her abdomen did feel swollen though, maybe a soft shelled egg? she’s inside now, and hasn’t moved since i put her on the basement floor to watch her. i’m going to check inside of her vent and keep her separate for now
E96EF920-E602-454B-B928-B85EF738B819.jpeg

64077BE0-BD86-48E3-9060-AE6287271B70.jpeg

update 2: she just pooped a LOT, you can’t really see it from scale but it’s much larger than normal. it genuinely looks like something in her back end is weighing her down, thoughts? i’m getting more concerned i’d really appreciate any help i can get

we gave her an epsom salt bath but she DID NOT like it. going to try tums in the morning and get some vitamins in the morning. very worried about the possibility of mareks. i feel no egg but it could be a soft shelled egg, her abdomen is still swollen

her condition has improved, going to put her out later tonight. the only weird thing is that last night we gave her some water without vitamins and she literally drank until she threw up and her crop was filled with water. so strange

Back
Top Bottom