Goofy eggs

Suzzyq

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 27, 2015
One of my girls keeps laying these goofy looking eggs! What’s wrong?
The brown one on the right is a full size.

Attachments

• IMG_0941.jpeg
    IMG_0941.jpeg
    576 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0940.jpeg
    IMG_0940.jpeg
    632.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0940.jpeg
    IMG_0940.jpeg
    632.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0941.jpeg
    IMG_0941.jpeg
    576 KB · Views: 6
You got me! For some silly reason I am just saving those goofy ones. I did fry up a tiny one and it was about the size of a quarter with a little bitty yoke!

You got me! For some silly reason I am just saving those goofy ones. I did fry up a tiny one and it was about the size of a quarter with a little bitty yoke!
They sure are funny looking!
I was half wondering if that one could be a lash egg, which is a sign of infection, which is why I was wondering what it would look like inside. Maybe next time you could have a look? But maybe she just likes to mix things up a bit!

If she has just started laying eggs then it'd be normal for her and might take a bit for her to get used to laying eggs. Focus on her diet. I'd reccomend Verm X layer feed along with leafy greens and corn and occasionally a few pumpkin seeds. If she continues to lay deformed eggs then there may be a problem. So far I wouldn't worry about it. Keep an eye on her :)

I think whoever is laying is about 2 years old. I feed the layer pellets from Tractor Supply. My girls have a feeder they can free feed with . I also give them watermelon when it’s hot and various vegetables.

Back
Top Bottom