Goose Eggs

IvysAnimals

Songster
Mar 30, 2022
Pennsylvania
I finally just started to get goose eggs again after 2 years of not getting any. I have been selling duck and chicken eggs, as well as ducklings and chicks. I put the 2 eggs I've gotten so far in the incubator to try and hatch them. My first question is, how much should I sell the goose eggs for? I know goslings are around $20. What do you guys sell your goose eggs for and in what quantity? Second, how do you package them? What materials do you use, where do you get them from, and how can you get more people interested in purchasing the eggs? I don't ship anything, and there are not a lot of people who would want a goose over a duck or chicken around me. The breeds of geese we own are Toulouse, Embden, and Saddleback Pomeranian. Thank you in advance!

I have Sebastopol geese that are laying. I have the best of breeds all in one pen and my others in a separate pen. All the eggs that look good from my "A" group, I am putting in an incubator. All my "B" group eggs go to a farmers' market for sale once a week. Those eggs have been selling for $2.20 each. Not much, but it's better than cooking them for the chickens to eat.
I considered selling some "A" eggs, but my husband doesn't want to start down the egg shipment path. Yes, it could be profitable, but the way our mail gets tossed around, they'd be scrabbled upon arrival.
Do a search on Craigslist and see what eggs are going for and hopefully someone who has egg shipping experience will chime in.

South Alabama goose eggs are going for 5.00 and Turkey eggs are goin for 7.00. I dunno what type of goose eggs they are. I’m sure the fancier geese eggs would sell for more.

I finally just started to get goose eggs again after 2 years of not getting any. I have been selling duck and chicken eggs, as well as ducklings and chicks. I put the 2 eggs I've gotten so far in the incubator to try and hatch them. My first question is, how much should I sell the goose eggs for? I know goslings are around $20. What do you guys sell your goose eggs for and in what quantity? Second, how do you package them? What materials do you use, where do you get them from, and how can you get more people interested in purchasing the eggs? I don't ship anything, and there are not a lot of people who would want a goose over a duck or chicken around me. The breeds of geese we own are Toulouse, Embden, and Saddleback Pomeranian. Thank you in advance!
Shipping is so much work and I don’t think it often goes well. I got 6 Sebastopol eggs and only 1 was viable. Will find out if she hatches in about 10 days. My first ever incubation. Unbelievable excitement and anxiety in goose egg hatching! The seller was nice enough to let me drive down to pick up another 6. Should have made the drive in the first place as it was only 1.5 hours.

On Facebook there are so many poultry/chicken groups where you can find locals wanting to buy eggs. Just type in the words chicken and your state or get more specific on the area or county. That is how I found my goose egg seller. You will find more groups than you can imagine and more interested people than you thought too.

Last year I advertised my goose eggs on Craigslist and sold them to an Asian family. They bought everyone we got. We picked them up and kept them in the fridge and about every 10 to 15 days they would have them picked up. We're pretty rural where we are in Texas so I sold them for $1.50 each. I'm sure you could sell for more than that in PA. If you are in an area that has a higher census of other than Caucasian you may be able to sell everything that is laid. I decided not to sell the eggs this year and see if we could hatch them and sell the goslings instead. We were doing very well until a varmint raided the nest. We trapped it and relocated it elsewhere. Good luck.

Do you still sell Goose eggs? Interested in shipping them to southern Maine? I know this is an old thread, but I am having trouble finding anyone with geese or selling their eggs... Thanks :D

Back
Top Bottom