Goose Hatching Question...

AKMommaF8

Crowing
13 Years
Feb 15, 2011
Palmer, Alaska
The goose from first pair of geese I got in April has been laying on eggs (I have no idea how many nor when she started incubating them! 🤷🏼‍♀️) and today I noticed twice that she stood up over the eggs, not moving, making noises under her breath. Could that be her standing up & talking to them because they are hatching?

I apologize for the newbie questions, but I have never seen my Muscovy on their nest actually hatching them, they just sat on their nests & then bam, the next thing I see are them toddling around with their ducklings.🤷🏼‍♀️

I wouldn't worry. They know more about what they are doing and how to have a successful hatch innately than we ever will.
I've only hatched geese in an incubator once but I've observed wild Canadians set and hatch. From observation, when hatching is imminent, they sit tight to retain humidity.

Today when I went to feed, I saw her standing straight up & I didn't see any eggs, just hay!😳 If she is sitting on infertile eggs and thereby is holding up the move to their actual pen......:barnie:he

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom