Goose House (for overnights) Just as secure as Chicken Coop???

I had 12 geese in a wire fence and chain link run and thought they should be safe (12!) Something got in and dragged the alpha ganders wife over the fence and out :(. Neither I nor neighbors heard anything. Best guess is a a racoon, although I've seen a skunk and lone coyote since.

Yes, lock them up! The racoons have been seen on nightcam testing the coop.

The more secure the better.

I get by using dog kennels that only have tarp roofs though because the cages are underneath my 2nd story roofed deck in the winter and during the summer they get moved out to a shady spot with my dogs.

However the last two years I’ve had a bear in the area that’s becoming an issue. It’s a problem animal all over town that’s taken some people’s dogs, doesn’t fear humans, and has acted aggressively, so it’s been a worry for me, though for the same reasons it has a target on it’s back.

I had 12 geese in a wire fence and chain link run and thought they should be safe (12!) Something got in and dragged the alpha ganders wife over the fence and out :(. Neither I nor neighbors heard anything. Best guess is a a racoon, although I've seen a skunk and lone coyote since.

Yes, lock them up! The racoons have been seen on nightcam testing the coop.
oh no that so very sad 😞 yes I do lock Them up now but was considering a new set up that would be less safe so k now that idea is out , Ty you maybe saved my babies

Back
Top Bottom