Gorgeous easter egger. What mix is she?

McGill

Chirping
Jun 4, 2023
Kansas
Got her from TSC as an Americana. Any thoughts what breeds might be in her? She's super duper skittish, and definitely at the bottom of the pecking order.

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20231002-192245.jpg
    VideoCapture_20231002-192245.jpg
    535 KB · Views: 29
  • VideoCapture_20231002-192255.jpg
    VideoCapture_20231002-192255.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 12
That's an Easter eggers which is technically a mixed breed to begin with. Ameraucana only come in certain colors and are considered an actual breed.

That's an Easter eggers which is technically a mixed breed to begin with. Ameraucana only come in certain colors and are considered an actual breed.
Yes I know lol. I never said she was an Ameraucana. Tsc markets their EE as Americana because the term EE is trademarked by one of the hatcheries. I'm asking if anyone has an idea what breeds might have been in her lineage.

Yes I know lol. I never said she was an Ameraucana. Tsc markets their EE as Americana because the term EE is trademarked by one of the hatcheries. I'm asking if anyone has an idea what breeds might have been in her lineage.
I never heard one hatchery has a trademark on the name Easter eggers. I don't know what breeds were originally used to create Easter eggers. I believe Ameraucana, and this and that. Most Easter eggers are now bred from other Easter eggers, so it's near impossible to guess what yours is beyond Easter egger.

Back
Top Bottom