Goslings and brooder temps

curlycropchics

Chirping
Mar 18, 2021
Hello!

I am getting my first goslings in March and I have done some research on brooder temps for geese and I think I am over thinking them. But I know that they start at 95-90 degrees and then lower week by week as they get bigger. So I have a broder plate and a brooder pad for chicks and was wondering what is the best way to heat the goslings. I am aware that they are larger and so I was leaning towards the heat lamps but the plastic ones that are supposedly safer. Is that better than using the brooder plates due to their size difference?

There is also suggestion of using 60-100watt bulbs in their brooder for warmth, does that really work?

There brooder will be in our basement for the first couple of weeks due to the temps we are experincing. TIA

I use 100w - 150w heat emitters. Geese start out around 90 degrees I believe and lower from there, but get a temperature gun to check on them. I have a brooder plate that raises and lowers, and a red 150w heat lamp if I want light. I would alternate between lamps and emitters for night with the brooder plate.

I use 100w - 150w heat emitters. Geese start out around 90 degrees I believe and lower from there, but get a temperature gun to check on them. I have a brooder plate that raises and lowers, and a red 150w heat lamp if I want light. I would alternate between lamps and emitters for night with the brooder plate.
Yeah i have a brooder plate that raises and lowers but it I am assuming it won't last long with their size. i do have a red low voltage light I use with my chicks just for the light. Sorry is a heat emitter one of the plates that stands up? Or is it a bulb, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom