Goslings are ADORABLE!

I think they are going to outgrow that brooder in about two days! 😂 Isn’t it amazing how fast these guys grow?!
I thought ducklings grew fast! I moved mine from their brooder in the garage to a temporary pen outside. They were 3 weeks. Their brooder plate is in the shelter for night time, but they don’t seem to need it. It goes down to around 2-4 °c overnight and they’ve been great.

I thought ducklings grew fast! I moved mine from their brooder in the garage to a temporary pen outside. They were 3 weeks. Their brooder plate is in the shelter for night time, but they don’t seem to need it. It goes down to around 2-4 °c overnight and they’ve been great.
We made it to 3 weeks indoors also! I couldn’t handle a day longer and I only have 2 of them. They are in the large geriatric chicken ward (with their swimming pool brought in) with 2 old ladies. I still have no idea where they will have their permanent home, but I don’t think it will be in the barn with the chickens like I had originally hoped. Do you have pictures of you permanent goose home? I really need ideas on a secure place for them to sleep at night.

We made it to 3 weeks indoors also! I couldn’t handle a day longer and I only have 2 of them. They are in the large geriatric chicken ward (with their swimming pool brought in) with 2 old ladies. I still have no idea where they will have their permanent home, but I don’t think it will be in the barn with the chickens like I had originally hoped. Do you have pictures of you permanent goose home? I really need ideas on a secure place for them to sleep at night.
My original plan was to have 2-3 and house them in the duck coop but I now realize these birds will be HUGE and I may not have enough room in there. I also love every one of them (lol) and want to keep all 5. The duck that hatched with them also thinks she's a goose and I think she'll stay with them rather than join the rest of the ducks. I'm hoping my husband makes them their own house, which I suspect he will. For now, they are living in a plywood box with a heavy metal mesh door. It's not as secure as I would like and they will outgrow it in the coming weeks for sure.

My young goslings were running around in the snow. I'd go outside and check every hour or two to make sure they weren't cold and they were always fine. Shocking! They did have access to a coop with a heatplate and slept inside under it at night.

I just wanted to share a couple cute pictures of my goslings getting their daily dose of fresh air! They’re 12 days old today :) (Lucky the lone duckling is also in the mix). Not sure what I ended up with, can’t wait to see what they look like. Sometimes they look darker but when you look from a different angle it changes everything.

Potential parents:

-2 pilgrim females
-1 Buff female
-1 Pilgrim Male
-1 Pomeranian male
View attachment 3071611
View attachment 3071612View attachment 3071613
View attachment 3071619
I just died from all this extreme cuteness.

I shared this on another post, but this was son and the babies before ‘tuck in’ the other night. Lucky Duck still has no clue she’s not a goose!

The goslings were in the pond chasing the big ducks today. I think they’re going to be #1 around here. I should try to get a video of that, it’s pretty funny. I hope they will all get along one day.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLnwAs9K/

Back
Top Bottom