Graphic Pics Alert!!!

Quote:
I am kinda moving towards the DE side of the force, myself. But for those not into feeding fiberglass-like shards of ancient micro organizms a short stint of feeding it to the chickens would at least cure this infestation.

Just read the tube or box or packaging on your wormer- if it says it treats round worms then its good. If you dont know just google the product. Most wormers for livestock all function the same- some just better than others.

I always give my birds DE-every 50lb bag pf food goes in 2 cups of DE and I dust them with it and put it in their runs-do you think they could still get these worms???

I am in the sticks...no one carries DE locally....Guess I should suck it up and drive to timbuktu and get one. Jeez this has been going on for a month now. Should have wormed them right off the bat...woulda saved 2 hens....
sad.png

Wazine (piperazine) kills roundworms and is not that potent. Eprinex is ivermectin. Ivermectin= shotgun, and piperazine= BB gun for roundworms. Ivermectin kills a much wider spectrum of worms (and lice/mites) than piperazine, but also carries a much greater risk. Too much ivermectin= dead bird. Too much piperazine, unlikely to be noticed by bird.

Quote:

Quote:

I forgot to clarify that I meant I wanted the worms dead, not the hens...
tongue.png

Sticking with Eprinex...Thanks picklebird for the clarification!!

(*Hennies polishes shotgun for roundworms!!*)

Quote:
How did you give them this. I have some and would like to give it to my birds, but i have alot of chickens. I wouldn't want to have to give it individually. It would take forever. How much also?

Back
Top Bottom