Guinea fowl stop laying eggs

Jan 16, 2021
Kempner Texas
We have 3 female guineas that are about 7 months old and have been laying an egg a day with our chickens. But for some reason they have stopped laying any eggs now for going on close to two weeks. I do see every now and then one Guinea will go and sit in the chicken coop in a nesting box on some of the chicken eggs we haven't collected yet but she doesn't lay an egg. Any ideas or suggestions?

We have 3 female guineas that are about 7 months old and have been laying an egg a day with our chickens. But for some reason they have stopped laying any eggs now for going on close to two weeks. I do see every now and then one Guinea will go and sit in the chicken coop in a nesting box on some of the chicken eggs we haven't collected yet but she doesn't lay an egg. Any ideas or suggestions?
My guess is that your guineas have made a hidden nest that you have not found. If you have been collecting all the eggs daily the guineas will hide their nest. I try to leave 3 fake eggs in a guinea nest when I find one. If I take all the eggs and leave nothing, they will move their nest the next day.

They are also seasonal layers and normally only lay for 6 to 8 months of the year.

Back
Top Bottom