guinea getting pecked

twinsinpa

In the Brooder
May 6, 2020
i have 2 guineas-one male and one female and 2 chickens. had 3 but recently had a fox attack that took one. the guinea hen has something wrong with her legs...always has since young but recently got worse to where she can hardly walk. the male guinea and one of the chickens is pecking at her. the guineas r not tame. i am not sure if i should put her out of her misery or heck i dont even know how to go about that. any advice. i feel so bad for her. the male guinea used to protect her. now he is hurting her.

i have 2 guineas-one male and one female and 2 chickens. had 3 but recently had a fox attack that took one. the guinea hen has something wrong with her legs...always has since young but recently got worse to where she can hardly walk. the male guinea and one of the chickens is pecking at her. the guineas r not tame. i am not sure if i should put her out of her misery or heck i dont even know how to go about that. any advice. i feel so bad for her. the male guinea used to protect her. now he is hurting her.
Sorry for you loss! Can you put her in a sheltered area for a while and see if she might recover?

If she has wounds, they're going to peck. Can you take a picture of her legs for us? I once had a couple where it was the hen doing the pecking and causing the wound to begin with. She didn' t like this one particular toe. It was an on going battle of me getting it healed and her going after it again. Eventually it was a losing battle and I amputated the toe, and she never pecked him again.🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom