gunea fowl nest

kmdodge2015

Chirping
Sep 13, 2020
My guineas do not free range yet. They aren't a year old yet.
I have 2 hens and one male. They are cooped together with a run.
My hens lay daily, constantly fertile. So I wanted to try and hatch eggs. I don't want to get possibly 30 keets lol, so I put some small chicken eggs in the nest, I added 2 a day, basically double of what they were laying. No one is sitting yet, it's only been 5 days, but they are kicking the eggs around out of the nest they made together. They do it to chicken ages and their eggs. Did I move too fast? Should I take the chicken eggs out and see if that helps? I have 9 guinea eggs I collected to incubate while letting them try to hatch some themselves, should I just give those back?
Any advice would be great! They don't free range yet because they are acclimating to the New coop spot! They were living with chickens in a coop and run. But their place was always to eventually free range.

My guineas do not free range yet. They aren't a year old yet.
I have 2 hens and one male. They are cooped together with a run.
My hens lay daily, constantly fertile. So I wanted to try and hatch eggs. I don't want to get possibly 30 keets lol, so I put some small chicken eggs in the nest, I added 2 a day, basically double of what they were laying. No one is sitting yet, it's only been 5 days, but they are kicking the eggs around out of the nest they made together. They do it to chicken ages and their eggs. Did I move too fast? Should I take the chicken eggs out and see if that helps? I have 9 guinea eggs I collected to incubate while letting them try to hatch some themselves, should I just give those back?
Any advice would be great! They don't free range yet because they are acclimating to the New coop spot! They were living with chickens in a coop and run. But their place was always to eventually free range.
Take the chicken eggs out of the nest or you won't get any guinea keets to hatch. Chicken eggs hatch at 21 days and guinea eggs hatch ar 26 to 28 days. Once the chicken eggs hatch the guineas will abandon the nest leaving the unhatched keets to die.

Take the chicken eggs out of the nest or you won't get any guinea keets to hatch. Chicken eggs hatch at 21 days and guinea eggs hatch ar 26 to 28 days. Once the chicken eggs hatch the guineas will abandon the nest leaving the unhatched keets to die.
I know they hatch at diffrent times, I was planing on making some dummies and removing the chicken eggs to hatch in an incubator when it was "lockdown" time. I should have stated that in the original post :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom