HAD TO CUT A PORTION OF NET ON ELECTRIFIED CHICKEN NETTING -HELP!

Tinabuglaw

Songster
Sep 16, 2021
Hello everyone! So I bought an electric fence to go around the coop run at night. I planned to electrify it only at night; however, during the daytime, one of my chickens got caught in the netting -- while it was off -- to the point I had to cut one of the squares in the net. Will it still work?

And if its considered "poultry netting," why are the squares in the netting so large that the chickens can get caught up in them??

HELP!

Call the manufacturer about how to repair.

And if its considered "poultry netting," why are the squares in the netting so large that the chickens can get caught up in them??
It's not meant to keep poultry confined but to keep predators out(but only when it is powered).

Call the manufacturer about how to repair.

It's not meant to keep poultry confined but to keep predators out(but only when it is powered).
not only that, but that type of netting is meant to be electrified, meaning once the birds are trained to it, they'll know better than to touch it, thus no getting tangled.

If you are running any kind of electric fence, YOU MUST HAVE ONE. Or just touch the wire the old fashion way to check function statis.. (not recommended)
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/american-farmworks-8-light-electric-fence-voltage-tester
1711474661438.png

Back
Top Bottom