Hardware cloth for predator apron

I have electric wire around my coops and pens. I don't have a rat problem anymore. There are some places where instead of an apron, I dug a trench under the fence a good foot deep. I used 1"x2" welded wire I hog ringed to the bottom of the fence. With the electric wire and the wire buried a foot deep under the fence, nothing is getting in and so far nothing has. Everything I have done over the years was because of losses from predators. Good luck and have fun...

I used poison. I had a huge rat infestation in a coop. Since the coops are right behind the barn I put the rat bait station boxes with bait in the barn because I had seen rats in the barn too. The bait station boxes have a little window above the bait so I can check it regularly. I haven't had a rat problem in a long time and the baits haven't been touched nor have I seen anything or any activity or rat poop. I don't like to use poison but with the dozens of rats of different sizes that came out of that coop, it was serious. I tried the bucket but for whatever reason it didn't work and I renovated the coop.

Back
Top Bottom