Has anyone used Gro Gel Plus for Chicks?

E.G.Glayer

Songster
14 Years
Jan 29, 2009
Blanchester OH
hu.gif
I was wondering if anyone has tried the Gro Gel Plus for the first feeding of chicks after shipment. It is powder that you mix with water and it makes a paste, green I think. McMurray recommended it and I ordered it along with vitamin / electrolyte pak for water to give upon arrival. I was just wondering also if it seemed to be effective or just a marketing ploy. This will be my first time recieving chicks through the mail and I want to make sure they get the best start possible so if you have other ideas for me to try please let me know. Usually I get them from the feed store when they are a couple days older. I feel like a little kid at Christmas waiting for these babies to arrive.
wee.gif

I gave it to mine.
smile.png
Not sure if it did anything or not,
idunno.gif
but I didn't give it to them right away and I had a few die. Not sure if it would have made a difference or not. I was so new to chickens and I hadn't found this site yet! Enjoy your new babies!!
love.gif

It's worth it the color attracts the chicks and it has much needed vitamins and minerals they need upon arrival. Also hydrates the chicks, in case you cannot get them to eat and drink right away.

I have used the vitamin supplement in the waterers with success, but have not used the gro-gel. I use vitamins myself, so figured they could not hurt the babies!

I've used it and I noticed the chicks did thrive better than the ones that did not get it. They are so stressed upon arrival that it can take some time to get them to eat and drink. Maybe its the color they are attracted to, but if you have it I would use it!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom