Has anyone used this stuff?

Yes.. I see that, however, I did not notice there was two types, such as one for horse stalls and one specifically for chicken coops until I looked it up online, so after it was mentioned I was trying to clarify if the horse PDZ was ok to use for compost. There was not a distinguishing comment made about the two types until I asked.

Thanks.

Yes.. I see that, however, I did not notice there was two types, such as one for horse stalls and one specifically for chicken coops until I looked it up online, so after it was mentioned I was trying to clarify if the horse PDZ was ok to use for compost. There was not a distinguishing comment made about the two types until I asked.

Thanks.
No problem. It's a question that's been asked before and probably will be many more times.

I think the kind packaged for horses is the same as sold at a higher price for chickens. I've been using it for years in the coop, and what I clean out goes to the compost, and then on the garden. PDZ is also called Zeolite. Zeolite as a garden product is added as a soil conditioner to improve water retention and uptake of minerals. So it's win-win all around.

Ok! I saw the PDZ stuff for Chicken coops online but its only a 10lb back where as I can get the other stuff, that says its for horse stalls from TSC in a 25lb bag for about the same price? Will the horse stall variety work for the coop and for compost? Rather than the chicken coop variety? Thanks!

Thanks.
Manna Pro Coop 'N Compost Neutralizer and Sweet PDZ are the exact same ingredient (zeolite).
Smaller package marketed to chickeneers for a much steeper price per oz.

Back
Top Bottom