Hatching Guinea Fowl Eggs

Rangeview Droughtmasters

In the Brooder
Nov 15, 2020
Hi there, I'm new to incubating guinea fowl eggs, I did lock down at day 25. Yesterday was day 26 & 4 of them have hatched from 6am through to about 9pm.
I expected that the rest would have started hatching throughout the night but there's no signs of external pipping or cracks at this stage, being the morning of day 27.
I have read that guinea fowl hatch anywhere from day 26 through to day 28 & that most hatch within 24 hours. I wondered why the rest of mine haven't when they were all set at the same time? Is this normal? Thanks :)

Hi there, I'm new to incubating guinea fowl eggs, I did lock down at day 25. Yesterday was day 26 & 4 of them have hatched from 6am through to about 9pm.
I expected that the rest would have started hatching throughout the night but there's no signs of external pipping or cracks at this stage, being the morning of day 27.
I have read that guinea fowl hatch anywhere from day 26 through to day 28 & that most hatch within 24 hours. I wondered why the rest of mine haven't when they were all set at the same time? Is this normal? Thanks :)
My guinea eggs normally start hatching on day 26 with the majority of them hatching on day 27 and a few finalists on day 28.

If you candled at lockdown, you should have been able to see any internal pips which would have hatched on day 26. There are too many variables to say whether they are just taking their time or if any are late quitters.

Back
Top Bottom