Heat & Cold-

DenverCityCat

Chirping
Jul 7, 2020
Denver Colorado
Well I finally got my escaped birds back in their loft just in time for the 100+ deg weather to hit! What I did was ran electricity into their loft & added an inline exhaust fan, and one of them square house fans- Just doing so managed to take that heat down into the 80s- I turn the fans on med at about 11am & run them when it starts cooling down for the day, usually about 4-5 pm- The Birds seem to love it as they look really happy!

I built my coop after scouring the Internet, unable to really find much. I looked as to what they needed then went from there. A small loft cost me a little over $200 and it houses 6, small young birds. I have 2 more, a male which was my original & a female he's bonded with. (Ya they do the kissys) He's my 1st Pigeon & he's more of a pet then anything, he lives in my garage & flys around freely & have had him going on 4 months already.

Winters in Colorado are mild except for January which has been known to get pretty cold with temps down to 75 below zero with the windchill. I'm trying to make room in my garage for this small loft to maybe keep in there for the winter since my garage is separated from my house & is heated.

I probably could have done better on the loft now that I know more about them- Haha, Figures. . .

Adding a fan really seemed to cool things down a tad, probably wont get that lucky for the winter but maybe I'm just going to move them to my garage!

Best Wises Everyone!

Attachments

• 20200624_181836.jpg
    20200624_181836.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 9
What I did was ran electricity into their loft & added an inline exhaust fan, and one of them square house fans- Just doing so managed to take that heat down into the 80s- I turn the fans on med at about 11am & run them when it starts cooling down for the day, usually about 4-5 pm- The Birds seem to love it as they look really happy!
wow! Sounds fancy. They have quite the luxurious loft!
I probably could have done better on the loft now that I know more about them- Haha, Figures. . .
Hey, that's alright. I have had 4 lofts, and still have plans for a better one. It really helps to k ow what the birds are like before building the loft. But your loft sounds quite well equipped for your birdies! :)

OH, and welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom