Heating for chicks

My cool area temp for my three week olds is about 70 F (room temperature). I don't know how old yours are (maybe I missed reading it?).
Our high temps have been 50 F and low temps 35 F.
Mine are only 4 days. How are you keeping the cool area at 70? Just the inside temp of the house by heater then?

Mine are only 4 days. How are you keeping the cool area at 70? Just the inside temp of the house by heater then?
Right under the heat lamp it's about 80 F, and so the ambient temperature is around 70 F. I know it can't be less because the house thermostat is set to 70, and it can't be more otherwise the chicks wouldn't want to sleep under the heat lamp. When they were your chicks' age I kept the room temperature at 80 and moved it down over two weeks to where they are now.

Right under the heat lamp it's about 80 F, and so the ambient temperature is around 70 F. I know it can't be less because the house thermostat is set to 70, and it can't be more otherwise the chicks wouldn't want to sleep under the heat lamp. When they were your chicks' age I kept the room temperature at 80 and moved it down over two weeks to where they are now.
That’s helpful. Thanks 😊

Our house stays at 75. So even day old chicks are at 75 if out from under the heater.

With the heat plate it is around 85. So i think your chicks are ok and were just laying under the lamp instead of the heater.

Our house stays at 75. So even day old chicks are at 75 if out from under the heater.

With the heat plate it is around 85. So i think your chicks are ok and were just laying under the lamp instead of the heater.
Okay thanks for the reassurance ♥️

Back
Top Bottom