hello from brentwood essex

jaqueelee

Hatching
9 Years
Jul 7, 2010
Brentwood
I have only 7 chickens (they are all individual characters and i love each delightful one of them) no cockerels. I have heard that hens will attack an injured bird - one of mine was caught by a fox and her lung punctured last year - she couldnt walk far because you could hear the air escaping from her - the other hens took it in turns so that one of them always sat with her - it was so lovely. she is now fully recovered and by far the biggest character of all! also have 5 ducks ( 4 ducks one drake - 2 runner of which one is he drake, and abacot ranger two pekins - and four goodness knows what babies that have just hatched due to the persistance of my female runner).. Also keep quail - they are my indoor chickens and just as adorable... yes i just love birds. Have ony been involved with them for a year but really enjoying the experience and the egg variety...

As a family we also have an amazing indoor rabbit, two dogs (lurchers) and two horses (both huge things that belong to my husband and daughter)

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom