Hello from Hawaii!

Christie Rhae

Songster
9 Years
Jul 5, 2010
Big Island, Hawaii
I am new to chickens. Two weeks ago I purchased 6 chicks. They are a reddish color and supposed to be all female (sex linked?) I have doubts about one or two of them.
My husband, Paul, and I are in love with these chickens. They are just what has been missing from our lives. lol. We actually have crazy full lives... here goes.
My husband is a plumbing contractor. I am a nail tech and salon owner. I also teach alot of nail classes and distribute the products I use. As if that were not enough.... We got married 5 years ago. I had two children from a previous marriage, Paul had two boys and together we have had a little boy and girl. So six kids, several businesses and we are fast becoming chicken fans. We live in the country here in Hawaii and have several acres. I used to raise and show budgerigars. I had over two hundred of them in a large aviary. Raising and keeping chickens really appeals so me. After just two weeks I am totally in love with these chickens. Who knew they were so cute? And one day eggs too?! Can it get any better? lol
We really like the idea of having animals and kids together. It is great for them. Just building the chicken coop has been a great family project with everyone helping out.
I gleaned so many ideas for our chicken coop from this website. I do not know why it took me so long to join the message board, I am a big fan of message boards.

Here are a few pics of our progress...
photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

Being the "all the way" kinda person that I am... I just ordered 5 easter eggers and 5 barred plymouth rock chicks that should arrive in 3 weeks. I am just so darn excited I can barely stand it! lol I will add new pics when the chicks arrive.

Back
Top Bottom