Hello From Utah

PC Charming

Chirping
Jun 14, 2020
Hello,
I have been on here (as an avid reader) for some years now, but I need some help with my rooster and his very swollen eye. I have tried everything (Antibiotics, steroids, mass vitamins) and nothing seems to help. My husband thinks it may be a tumor and the vets have no idea.

I am half tempted to just have the vet put him on gas and splice it open to see if he can scrape the hard (whatever is inside) out) to try and save Joe Joe's eye.

Has anyone ever had this happen before and were you able to get them better and save their eye?

Attachments

• Jojos Eye Infection.JPG
    Jojos Eye Infection.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Jojos Swollen Hard Eye.JPG
    Jojos Swollen Hard Eye.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 5
On a side note - he is eating and drinking, however I go out in the coop every night after work and sit with him (when the others are roosting) to talk to him and I hold his special vitamin soaked feed where he can fill up on it to make sure he doesn't lose weight and get weak. I doubt he would have lasted this long had I not been nursing him along. When I buy them live crickets - he isn't fast enough to get any before the hens clean the buffet up. :(

Hello,
I have been on here (as an avid reader) for some years now, but I need some help with my rooster and his very swollen eye. I have tried everything (Antibiotics, steroids, mass vitamins) and nothing seems to help. My husband thinks it may be a tumor and the vets have no idea.

I am half tempted to just have the vet put him on gas and splice it open to see if he can scrape the hard (whatever is inside) out) to try and save Joe Joe's eye.

Has anyone ever had this happen before and were you able to get them better and save their eye?

Yes thank you - I thought I had posted in there over a week ago but since I had not completed my initial link - it must not have posted. Excited to get some feedback - thank you again.

Actually it did post, here's a link to your other thread, it was replied to on the day you initially posted it.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/my-roosters-hard-lump-under-his-eye.1605616/

There are many ways to get to your content, but I've found one of the easiest ways is to go to your profile page, then hit "find" for a drop down - this will give you a choice of looking at all content or just looking at threads you have started.

1702525590576.png

Back
Top Bottom