Help-Aggressive duckling

LondonChicken

Chirping
May 9, 2020
Eastern Kentucky
I am hoping someone can help me. We have 12 6-week-old ducklings. Only one of them is a drake. (we ordered 10 females and hatched two eggs ourselves.) He has recently started bullying everyone, especially one girl in particular. He walks around looking like he is in a bad mood and if anyone is in his path they get pecked and scream. This goes on for what sounds like all day. Is this normal?

Thank you for any help!

Put him in a dogcrate immediately after he has bullied another duckling. He doesn't need to be there for long. If you are lucky, he will associate his bad behavior with being in jail and improve.

My big meanie muscovy drake goes into time out -- sometimes once a day, sometimes several times a day, and occasionally not at all -- but he only needs to be in there for 2 minutes to come out chastized. My drakes deal with eachother, but I don't tolerate biting me. If he bites he is straight in the dog crate. Muscovies seem to me to be good at learning: both my muscovy drakes quickly learned that I don't like them fighting with the much smaller pekins. Now if I could just teach the pekins not to make so much noise!!!!

I am hoping someone can help me. We have 12 6-week-old ducklings. Only one of them is a drake. (we ordered 10 females and hatched two eggs ourselves.) He has recently started bullying everyone, especially one girl in particular. He walks around looking like he is in a bad mood and if anyone is in his path they get pecked and scream. This goes on for what sounds like all day. Is this normal?

Thank you for any help!
It is fairly normal.

Thank you for putting our minds at ease! We are just so worried because he is abusing the other 11 girls constantly. Grabbing their wings and pulling (while they scream bloody murder!) and not allowing ANYONE to swim in the pool!

Back
Top Bottom