HELP ASAP wild sparrow egg hatched!!

tacothechicken

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 2, 2015
Katy TX
Ok so about 5 days ago we had a bad windstorm and a house sparrow nest on the property was wrecked, and I only found one remaining egg undamaged, I had candles it and the viens looked alive but the egg had gone cold, out of curiosity I stuck it in the bator whith my chicken eggs....it hatched today while I was at work 0-0 it's extremely small and I don't know how to care for such a TINY creature! Can I put it in a nest of other house sparrows? I think one other nest had hatched babies just yesterday. I gutted some mealworms form my skink and fed them to it along whith a bit of soaked cat food, baby is still in the incubator staying warm. How much food should i feed it each time ? I've raised wild birds before as we dont have a rescue anywhere closer than 3 hrs but I've only raised chickadees to robin sized babies, this day old sparrow thing is totally out of my league! I don't plan to release the baby as I will be removing the majority of housesparrow fledlings in a few weeks and putting them in an aviary outside as they are invasive and should be removed permanently but I can't kill a defenceless(to me anyway) living creature. So will the tiny be ok to be removed from the incubator by tommorrow whith only a supplemental heat mat under his 'nest' for warmth? Anyone know how fast house sparrows feather out? And does the feed every 5 minutes plus 5 minutes per week apply to sparrows as well feeding wise? And will the house sparrows notice I've added a baby to thier brood? I work 11-7 every day of the week in a restaraunt...not the best environment to raise baby birds...

Attachments

• 15566816229931584249830.jpg
    15566816229931584249830.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 49
Slipped baby in whith a set of 3 babies that hatched the day before, I have no idea how it's doin but mom and dad are cclearly feeding them and chased a starling away earlier so I hope I can check in a few days and find all babies alive and accounted for.

Back
Top Bottom