Help attaching tiny run to small coop

Fluster Cluck Acres

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Mar 26, 2020
Frederick, MD
I bought this coop on Amazon, and am trying to find a way to attach the run to the coop so that it is easily able to be removed. The coop will be placed inside of another enclosure (because it's not predator safe at all- which I expected- this is not my first Amazon Chicken Coop Rodeo). And there will be times when I don't need the run attached, or times when I want to move the coop and would prefer not to have to deal with the cumbersome run attached to it.

1689862449877.png

The run is supposed to attach to the coop with screws. I have an idea in my head of what I want, but I don't know what it's called or if it even exists. But I'm open to any suggestions. I want something that's quick and easy. It just has to be secure enough that a chicken bumping into it or jumping on top of it can't seperate it.

What I'm picturing in my head is something on each side of the coop door that has a hole in it (the female side of the connection if you will). Then on the run there would be pin-like "male" attachments that would slide into the hole from the top. This would use gravity and the weight of the run to keep it from being lifted up and off the connectors. The problem with this idea is that the coop has a lovely overhang, which limits how high I would be able to lift the run, to settle it on top of something attached to the coop.

The coop is thin and flimsy, so I'd perfer to attach the run to the green "studs" if you will, in the corners of the coop. That's where the screws were supposed to go into and there's a little more thickness there.

I'd love some suggestions.

Last edited:
Right, Mowen. I guess I have weasels on the mind. I think the hook and eye is a good idea. I used it to attach sides (wood frame with chicken wire) to form a playpen for the chicks when introducing them to the outdoors. The hook and eye give some wiggleness which helps on uneven ground.

Back
Top Bottom