HELP! Bantam faverolle bullying silkies

Rock17

Songster
Feb 17, 2024
England
My bantam faverolle is constantly pecking at my silkies should I isolate her. If so should I keep her in a cage in the run or away from the other girls. Have only got one coop so she would have to roost with the other girls. Here are the pecked silkies

Attachments

• 609DC8FB-C384-4A85-A10F-36DA0156D733.jpeg
    609DC8FB-C384-4A85-A10F-36DA0156D733.jpeg
    486.6 KB · Views: 28
  • E289A80C-69DB-4B5C-9176-B6AE884C31D9.jpeg
    E289A80C-69DB-4B5C-9176-B6AE884C31D9.jpeg
    441.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 989E4D54-F51C-4420-A237-A279FFE0BFAE.jpeg
    989E4D54-F51C-4420-A237-A279FFE0BFAE.jpeg
    566.6 KB · Views: 5
Do you have a picture of the faverolles? Is it a pullet, or perhaps a cockerel? How old are these birds? How much room do they have to move around in coop and run? Can you try to put some things that might distract them, things to climb on and explore? A dust bath might help. Swings and block to climb around are good. You could separate her in a crate with food and water for a day, and then let her out and see if she is calmer.

Do you have a picture of the faverolles? Is it a pullet, or perhaps a cockerel? How old are these birds? How much room do they have to move around in coop and run? Can you try to put some things that might distract them, things to climb on and explore? A dust bath might help. Swings and block to climb around are good. You could separate her in a crate with food and water for a day, and then let her out and see if she is calmer.
She is nine months old. She is definitely a hen as they are basically autosexing and is mostly white and brown not black. The run is 190 square feet. 11square feet in coop but getting another soon

They have got a swing but we took it down because in the wind it was flapping and it hit my littlest girl hera

Dust bathing is their way of grooming and keeping themselves free of parasites. You can make one in the run or coop even, if it is big enough. Do they get outside in the yard?

Dust bathing is their way of grooming and keeping themselves free of parasites. You can make one in the run or coop even, if it is big enough. Do they get outside in the yard?
We cant have a dust bath because of rain and are run is not covered the coop has a floor so will not work their. They cant go anywhere outside the run because of EXTREME problems with foxes

We cant have a dust bath because of rain and are run is not covered the coop has a floor so will not work their. They cant go anywhere outside the run because of EXTREME problems with foxes

Could you set up, say, an old table in the run? That would give them something to explore and give cover to keep the rain off a space you could turn into a dust bath, or just give your chooks cover in general.

Back
Top Bottom