Help chicken won’t walk

Pmmmmc

Chirping
Jan 9, 2022
705EC549-B653-446D-B9DC-107A76C7598D.jpeg

Help my chicken is sick she can‘t walk but she can still eat and drink but she mostly just wants to eat rather than drink. her poop is green but it is mostly brown she probably has that color poop sometimes because she didn’t get a lot of food right?
one of her eye is covered of scabs but the other isn’t. She has scratch’s on her foot,we think it’s because the box she is sitting in.

Last edited:
Can you post a picture of her eye with scabs? Was she pecked or have you seen mosquitoes lately? How old is she? How long has she been like this? Does she look like this often? Has she been able to walk before? Was she vaccinated for Mareks disease? I would try to get her eating some moistened chicken feed and scrambled egg, and offer fluids every 2 hours. Clean her eye with a clean cloth, and apply some antibiotic ointment twice a day into the eye. Terramycin is very good from feed stores. A chick sling or chair might help her be able to get enough food and water, and get upright, while keeping her cleaner. She can have time out of the sling to sleep and stretch. Here are 4 pages of sling designs that you can make:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/versions-of-chick-chairs-please.1166308/

She has been pecked by the others, don’t know if they pecked the face. I don’t know how old she was when we got her, she looked like she wasn’t a chick. I don’t know how long she has been like this but I’ve seen her like this for a week. She doesn’t look like this often. She has been able to walk before. I don’t know if she was vaccinated for Merek’s disease.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom