Help! Chicks weird poop and screams

TwoLittleDuccleChicks

In the Brooder
Premium Feather Member
Mar 8, 2024
I have two 4 week old duccles. Got them about a week ago.

They seem super happy and content but the last two days I haven’t been home they had Diarrhea but once I sat with them for a while it went back to normal.

Occasionally they have these white watery poops but I read that can be normal?

They always scream when I’m not around and love to follow me but I don’t want them to keep having diarrhea from stress. But I guess it could have just been a fluke.

Any help would be appreciated.

They are just on chicken starter and I gave them a bit of greens this morning. Again one of the chicks have diarrhea not just the white watery poops.

It happens for a bit and then it goes back to being fine, also no blood in the stool.

I have been adding a tiny bit of an electrolyte for the past day just to assist.

I live in Australia so it’s super warm and when it first started it was about 40 degrees so I don’t know if that contributed to it.

They aren’t on a brooder because my house is about 26 degrees I gave them a bit of a heater but they don’t seem to care about it they won’t stay still they just follow me around.

Should I get a brooder? They were raised by their mum up until I picked them up a week ago.

Thanks so much

Back
Top Bottom