Help! Egg shell no egg 😲😲

3littleduckies

Chirping
May 8, 2021
Please someone help, I have 2 female ducks both have been laying eggs for the past 1-2 months now all of a sudden yesterday one had something soggy hanging out her but she pulled it out, 10 mins later was a egg on the floor like no she’ll egg! Like I’d cracked it on the floor 😲😲😲😲 today now I’ve gone out to the coop to find another soggy egg shell now waiting for the egg again 😢😢 poor thing what’s wrong with her? She’s later fine for weeks now her food is all the same she has all nutrients, mealworms, greens! Help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 10
Do you feed layer or keep out Oyster shell or both? It's not unusual to see a shellless egg once in a while. Especially when a new layer. Stress can cause this also, any changes like signs of a predator around?

Do you feed layer or keep out Oyster shell or both? It's not unusual to see a shellless egg once in a while. Especially when a new layer. Stress can cause this also, any changes like signs of a predator around?
Hi Lydia thanks for the reply, yes both females are on layers and they have oyster shell out, just so bizarre! No routine change, no predators just next doors cats which they used to now plus my ducks are kept in a run unless I’m out the garden with them. X

Sometimes when they have been laying for a while we have to add extra calcium like calcium citrate and others use other forms of calcium. They can get depleted on calcium pretty fast especially our heavy layers, What breed are your ducks. I will take calcium citrate and sprinkle it over the oyster shell.

Back
Top Bottom