HELP! Eggs Stopped Being Turned?

SammyKay

Chirping
Jan 4, 2024
So I've been using this incubator from Amazon with automatic turning (long rollers you put the eggs on their side) and they've been incubating for about 5 days now. I have been checking if the eggs have been rotating for the first few days but these last couple days I didn't check the back row eggs to make sure they were rotating. Well today I saw a couple of the eggs were pushed sideways and I suppose stopped turning? I'm not sure for how long or when this happened but I read somewhere that the embryo can stick to the side of the egg if they stop turning. Are they alright? If I Candle them would I be able to tell?

And also, I read that the eggs should be turned in different directions but I'm pretty sure my incubator only turns the eggs one direction. Is this still okay?

So I've been using this incubator from Amazon with automatic turning (long rollers you put the eggs on their side) and they've been incubating for about 5 days now. I have been checking if the eggs have been rotating for the first few days but these last couple days I didn't check the back row eggs to make sure they were rotating. Well today I saw a couple of the eggs were pushed sideways and I suppose stopped turning? I'm not sure for how long or when this happened but I read somewhere that the embryo can stick to the side of the egg if they stop turning. Are they alright? If I Candle them would I be able to tell?

And also, I read that the eggs should be turned in different directions but I'm pretty sure my incubator only turns the eggs one direction. Is this still okay?
I would start by fixing the eggs so they do turn properly, then candle if you want to.

Candling a few days later will probably tell you even more. A live duckling and a dead duckling will look about the same at this stage. But in a few days, the live duckling will be bigger (because it grew), while the dead duckling will be about the same as before (because dead ducklings do not grow.)

Waiting and then candling is a good way to check any time something goes maybe-wrong with incubation (like the incubator getting too hot or too cold, or the turning issue you noticed.)

Eggs are fairly resilient. I think there is a good chance of them being okay, but of course that is not a certainty.

I used an amazon incubator, the automatic Turner, like you described, did not work at all. I ended up turning the eggs by hand, 3 or 5 times a day is reccomended.

Back
Top Bottom