Help how do I stop him!!

whitewolf1871341

Songster
Sep 27, 2020
Okay so about 3 weeks ago I had a hen that the roosters were fighting over and they ended up ripping a little hole in the back of her head well once they got the little hole going they made it large I got rid of some of the roosters that were out there cuz I had too many I have this really sweet rooster who is the lead rooster in my flock He's actually usually pretty gentle but ever since they hurt her now every time she gets around him I do have her isolated in another pin but once in a while she does come out or gets out but he just seems to go right back and breaks her head open again he just won't quit any suggestions on how I can stop him from doing that to her and it's only her

Okay so about 3 weeks ago I had a hen that the roosters were fighting over and they ended up ripping a little hole in the back of her head well once they got the little hole going they made it large I got rid of some of the roosters that were out there cuz I had too many I have this really sweet rooster who is the lead rooster in my flock He's actually usually pretty gentle but ever since they hurt her now every time she gets around him I do have her isolated in another pin but once in a while she does come out or gets out but he just seems to go right back and breaks her head open again he just won't quit any suggestions on how I can stop him from doing that to her and it's only her
You have to keep her separate from the others until it heals. You can also try spraying Blue Kote on it( disinfectant spray for wounds with blue/purple dye). Chickens are highly attracted to anything red.🙂

You have to keep her separate from the others until it heals. You can also try spraying Blue Kote on it( disinfectant spray for wounds with blue/purple dye). Chickens are highly attracted to anything red.🙂
That's what I've done she was just about healed up I had the purple stuff on her head to make sure she wasn't getting any infections or anything and as soon as he seen her we pecked her on the back of the head it started bleeding again and he just he dose it every time I just don't know why he's doing it to her she used to be on the top of the pecking order and now he's singles her out

That's what I've done she was just about healed up I had the purple stuff on her head to make sure she wasn't getting any infections or anything and as soon as he seen her we pecked her on the back of the head it started bleeding again and he just he dose it every time I just don't know why he's doing it to her she used to be on the top of the pecking order and now he's singles her out
If he is the only one doing it, can you keep the rooster separate for awhile until her wound is completely healed?

Back
Top Bottom