Help how do you get skunk smell out of the dog!?

I looked up the formula. Mix 1 pint hydrogen peroxide, 1 small box baking soda, and a couple squirts of dishwashing soap into a gallon of water. Use immediately. Apply generously to the coat. Let it set about five minutes and then rinse out.

Quote:
My vet told me to use equal amounts of the 3. They said it was as good if not better than what they had at the vet. Also they said to take dryer sheets and rub her down to help. Tomato juice doesn't do anything.

A vet told a friend of my son's that the vinegar douche solution works really well. Try explaining though why you are buying a mega amount of douche . . .like they will believe a skunk story!!!
lau.gif

We've just encountered all of these recipes with our dog's recent full-face spray.
Best used were:
Dawn dishsoap, rinse, hydrogen perox/soda mixture, rinse, douche, rinse. These in succession seemed to have the best result.

Build a fire in your back yard. use some wood that will produce a fair amount of smoke keep the fire small enough to make smoke, then bring the dog around to sit in the smoke for a while. There's something about wood smoke that neutralizes the skunk smell. This is the voice of experience . I got this tip out of Mother Earth News back when you could get useful practical stuff out of it.

Back
Top Bottom