Help! Incubator was without power for 6 hours and we need to transport them again after getting power back but don’t know when to do it.

Ashrhod710

Chirping
Aug 19, 2020
East Texas
Ok so hoping this will give us some ideas on best way to do this. Short back story power went out at friends house last night and incubator got down to about 74 before I was able to get it to my house to be plugged in. ( about 6 hours with out power. I couldn’t get it sooner because of the storm) it’s currently at my house and going normally and fine. Her power came back on today and were trying to decide when would be best to bring it back ( about a 15 minute drive away). Would it stress the eggs too much more to bring it back today? Should we wait longer and if so how much longer? We don’t want to mess the hatch up even more than could already be.

Ok so hoping this will give us some ideas on best way to do this. Short back story power went out at friends house last night and incubator got down to about 74 before I was able to get it to my house to be plugged in. ( about 6 hours with out power. I couldn’t get it sooner because of the storm) it’s currently at my house and going normally and fine. Her power came back on today and were trying to decide when would be best to bring it back ( about a 15 minute drive away). Would it stress the eggs too much more to bring it back today? Should we wait longer and if so how much longer? We don’t want to mess the hatch up even more than could already be.
Just drive them back over. Broody hens get up to use the bathroom and eat for about an hour every day or so. And.... having lost power for every hatch this year myself except one, 6 hours isn't going to hurt them that much.

Back
Top Bottom