Help m

Oct 13, 2021
My rooster keeps bullying my chicken and all her feathers are off even her vital flying feathers. At first we thought it was molting because it is molting season so we gave it a few days to see if it gets any Better. After closer inspectio,we figured out that the feathers were being pecked off of our hen. We saw the rooster do it so we waited another few days to see if the bullying will stop but it didn’t. there are 14 hens and 5roosters. The roosters are a year younger than the hens and only one rooster is aggressive. We put her in a mini enclosure to isolate and keep her safe while healing. We are planning to give the other roosters away soon But for now, we cant figure out how to manage the situation. Please help me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    562.9 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    459.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    436.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
That sounds like too many roosters or cockerels. I would remove at least 2 or 3 of them now, including the most aggressive one. She may need a hen saddle for awhile until her next molt, since her feathers won’t grow back until then. Young cockerels are kind of wild and create a lot of chaos in a flock. One rooster would be plenty with 20 hens. A second docile rooster who knows his place as second in command would work, but isn’t needed.

Back
Top Bottom