Help me dog people! Dog psychologist needed!

Pics
A new dog joined our family..
Our older boxer, Dexter died 2 weeks ago. Our younger one, Ruby has been grieving. She barely eats and doesn't play much. Ruby is 8. We lost Truman, our 21yr old doxie, two yrs ago, so Ruby is/was an only dog.
All of our dogs have always been spayed or neutered.
My husband loves boxers and yesterday, he bought a 4 yr. old male boxer that is intact. We will be having him fixed asap.
Ruby has always been very sweet and loves other dogs. She hates this one. She has growled none stop and tried to nip him through the fence when introduced. We had to introduce them here at home, because we drove an hour and 1/2 to get him.

The new boy, Bruce seems very laid back. He wants to play with Ruby. He has shown no aggression, even when she growls.
He had never met a cat but he was only mildly curious about Boo.
He hasn't met the chickens yet.

I'm feeling overwhelmed! We have kids and grandchildren visiting this weekend and I'm concerned about the doggy integration.
This is Bruce
View attachment 2692103
Ruby (& Boo)
View attachment 2692104

Any help is appreciated!
We had a female dog that hated male dogs but most especially if they were intact. She knew when an intact male was approaching while it was still a ways off and started growling. She would allow some neutered males to get close but she wouldn't let them touch her. I think this was because she was bowled over and knocked 10 feet by a gigantic intact male and she never forgot or forgave. Not sure that helps you, though!

We had a female dog that hated male dogs but most especially if they were intact. She knew when an intact male was approaching while it was still a ways off and started growling. She would allow some neutered males to get close but she wouldn't let them touch her. I think this was because she was bowled over and knocked 10 feet by a gigantic intact male and she never forgot or forgave. Not sure that helps you, though!
We are all settle. Ruby love Brewster. We've had him for about 2 years now. Sadly, Ruby is 10 years old and has slowed down to a crawl, most days.
Brewster is a couch potato, so he isn't so playful either.

Attachments

• Sydney and Fidget wearing their Xmas gift from Nik.jpg
    Sydney and Fidget wearing their Xmas gift from Nik.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 5
  • pics marble on bed 5.jpg
    pics marble on bed 5.jpg
    558.9 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom