Help me place a 3rd roost...

How big is the coop, in feet by feet?
How many birds?
Does the 10 nest bank come apart in 2 levels?
Are they roll out nests?
What's behind all those bags and how are they attached to the wall?

I'd do some major rearranging.
Everything is up kinda high.
I'd drop the nests to the floor and lower the roosts to about 12" above them.
Took me a bit...but I did rearrange ...
Thanks for your suggestions...

Attachments

• 20230628_153023.jpg
    20230628_153023.jpg
    902.1 KB · Views: 13
@aart can you help me decide if I put these nesting boxes on the actual floor....
Or leave them where they are.

The girls have just started to lay and are digging "nests" UNDER my nesting boxes in-between the slats of the pallets....

(Mainly where the circles are)

I know they are new to it...and maybe they will find their way so I don't wanna adjust too soon...

Attachments

• 20230629_105301.jpg
    20230629_105301.jpg
    739.7 KB · Views: 7
@aart can you help me decide if I put these nesting boxes on the actual floor....
Or leave them where they are.

The girls have just started to lay and are digging "nests" UNDER my nesting boxes in-between the slats of the pallets....

(Mainly where the circles are)

I know they are new to it...and maybe they will find their way so I don't wanna adjust too soon...
Hard to say if moving them down would help, maybe a move a couple and see.
Put some fake eggs in them.
I see a couple problems wit h those nests, they are shallow(which means bedding and eggs may fall out) and uncovered(which means they don't feel as 'safe' as begin Underneath something).

I see a couple problems wit h those nests, they are shallow(which means bedding and eggs may fall out) and uncovered(which means they don't feel as 'safe' as begin Underneath something).
I totally get that...
I had the deeper and covered ones...and they didn't seem to like those either 🤣🤣🤣
Too high maybe??

I have 1 or 2 laying in these new ones...but no one else

Maybe time...
I'll try to move 2 down and see...

My first flock went straight to the boxes and never looked back 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Also thank you...
They have fake eggs...they just kick em out...

I think imma add some scrap pieces of wood to the sides and front...that'll make them deeper...and then I can add scratchable bedding....for them to form a nest...

Idk that covering is possible but imma look into rigging something up for that...

The other boxes were too big for the space...they fit...but take up some good room if put on the floor... I think imma try to make these work and some how cover them...

I'll post some pics once I get it figured out..

Give the others time to acclimate. Moving stuff kinda starts things over anew.
Pick up eggs laid other places and block the area with bucket or box or something.
Higher height on what's used to block the spot...genius...(thinking is hard sometimes 🤣🤣)

I've tried extra pieces of wood...and they scratch bedding over top of them...silly birds...

Back
Top Bottom