Help me save this chick, its my first hatch!!!

Bakerchickenmama

Hatching
Apr 11, 2022
Looking for some advice here, no negative comments needed. This is my first hatch, I have had one successful egg hatch 24 hours ago now. I have one egg left in the incubator, I'm at day 22. I candles the egg this evening because I haven't heard any chirps or seen a pip yet. When I candled it I saw chick and could see veins however no movement, I also did a water test and it floated about a quarter of the way out of the water so from my research I believe that means the egg is still alive. I'm wondering if I need to assist this chick in anyway, I don't want to lose it, I started with 7 shipped eggs and only 1 baby chick is thriving in the brooder. Please help me save this chick!

Can you please post pictures of the candling? It sounds a bit behind. What model of incubator and what temperature and humidity have you been running this incubation and are you sure of its reading from calibration?
Live eggs really shouldn't be given the water test as it can kill the chick and isn't a good indicator.

Can you please post pictures of the candling? It sounds a bit behind. What model of incubator and what temperature and humidity have you been running this incubation and are you sure of its reading from calibration?
Live eggs really shouldn't be given the water test as it can kill the chick and isn't a good indicator.

I have the NR360 and the temp has been 98.5- 99.5 and humidity days 1-18 45-55%, days 18-22 60-75%..there is a secondary thermometer inside a govee thermometer.
20220411_204546.jpg

I have the NR360 and the temp has been 98.5- 99.5 and humidity days 1-18 45-55%, days 18-22 60-75%..there is a secondary thermometer inside a govee thermometer.
View attachment 3059441
Sounds good. Unfortunately that egg died about a week- 10 days ago. I'm very sorry. Shipped eggs are very hard to hatch even for veteran hatchers, sometimes, they just quit.

Back
Top Bottom