Help me understand lavender isabel please

shaw613

Songster
Oct 27, 2019
Northeast Colorado
I hatched three chicks from a breeder who called them 'lavender isabel'. One pullet is what I call isabel, one pullet lavender and a cockerel is lavender. His saddle feathers are coming in a lighter 'cream' color. I'd like to cross them; would I get lavender, isabel, or a mess? I assumed they were from the same parents; what's the difference in the coloring? Are the isabel males darker in color and their 'isabel' coloring comes in the saddle and hackles?? First pic is the cockerel about a month ago, and then the pullet. They were hatched from the same batch of eggs.

Attachments

• IMG_7685.JPG
    IMG_7685.JPG
    270.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 402A4519.JPG
    402A4519.JPG
    499.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I hatched three chicks from a breeder who called them 'lavender isabel'. One pullet is what I call isabel, one pullet lavender and a cockerel is lavender. His saddle feathers are coming in a lighter 'cream' color. I'd like to cross them; would I get lavender, isabel, or a mess? I assumed they were from the same parents; what's the difference in the coloring? Are the isabel males darker in color and their 'isabel' coloring comes in the saddle and hackles?? First pic is the cockerel about a month ago, and then the pullet. They were hatched from the same batch of eggs.
Beautiful birds! Try reposting under the genetics forum and I am sure the experts will chime in.😊

Back
Top Bottom