Help! My baby turkey won't stand up!

AllThoseFloofs

In the Brooder
May 28, 2022
I have 2 four week old turkeys. One will not stand up, and if it tries it falls over after it tries to take a step. It is eating, drinking and responding to stimuli normally. It just happened this morning. About a week ago we moved them to a different broader but other than that nothing has changed. Does anyone have ideas about what it could be or how to treat it? Again yesterday he was totally fine!

Hey! I’m so sorry... would you mind sending a video or a picture? Maybe he hurt his leg, does he seem to be in pain? If you pick him up does he seem to make noises and squirm? He may have jumped up on something and fallen off, this happened to my chicken but she is better now. I don’t know much about ducks, however. I hope you find better help!

20220609_104952.jpg

Hey! I’m so sorry... would you mind sending a video or a picture? Maybe he hurt his leg, does he seem to be in pain? If you pick him up does he seem to make noises and squirm? He may have jumped up on something and fallen off, this happened to my chicken but she is better now. I don’t know much about ducks, however. I hope you find better help!
I couldn't get a video to send over, but I inspected him and he does not appear to have any injuries (external) and he is now standing better. He does squirm a bit and make noises when i pick him up, so i think he is hurt because he is otherwise doing great.I am moving him to a different brooder where he can hopefully get better rest. I honestly think he just hurt himself because he can fly and is quite adventurous. I know the picture I sent isn't great. Thank you so much for the help!
His name is Barnaby BTW :)

If you have Poultry Cell or human B complex you get give some orally. Both have riboflavin which may help with legs. But I am not that familiar with turkeys, so hopefully others will respond.

I haven't had issues with turkeys, except a heart attack situation once with one of our BB Bronze last year.

I'm thinking maybe some vitamin deficiency, or a possible disease is effecting your poult.

Update: thank you all so much for the help! He is now doing great and still won't walk very far, but he Is making so much progress! We have been giving him extra time to rest and heal, and he is recovering well :love

Back
Top Bottom