Help Needed in NW Arkansas or NE Oklahoma! Birds Need New Home!

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
Hello!!

As you all know I recently graduated from the UofA in Arkansas. Instead of headinb ack to my homestate, I'm going to stay in NW Arkansas and get some experience in the world (as well as wait for my boyfriend to get his Master's in Engineering).

Here's the issue:

My dad is going to be getting married soon and will be moving from our house where my chickens are staying. (Too many memories of my mom in the house and his girlfriend can't live with the ghosts and memories in my dad's house.)

She doesn't have the space for chickens and my dad is going to be letting my brother take over the payments for the house. This means that my brother, who can barely take care of himself, won't be taking care of my birds. He has told me point blank that they need to find a new place or will not be around the next time I come around.

SO...is there ANYONE in NW Arkansas that would be willing to put up with a few birds while I'm staying here?

I would GLADLY come by each and every day to refill feeders, waterers, healthcare, gather eggs, etc. All I need is the space. I can provide all the essentials my birds will need.

Have at the eggs out of the mutt pen. I don't need them...so if you want to hatch for kicks and giggles or would like to eat them, or even sell them as eating eggs...by all MEANS!

Also, most of the birds in the pens are show birds. If you have children that would like to show birds...these are the birds for you. Just let me know when and where the show is so that I can get the papers ready and watch them show them! These birds are exhibition and should place VERY well at 4H shows...if they don't win the entire show.

At the end of my time here, I would gather up my birds and leave. HOWEVER...here's the "neat" part my boyfriend thought up. I would let you have the pick of my "culls" from my breeding stock of Langshans and depending on if I have enough, my Barred Plymouth Rocks.

NONE of my birds have or will attack. My birds need to remain in their pens at all times. No freeranging. I will take care of feed costs, nesting materials, everything.

PLEASE let me know if you might have a spot available!!!

NOTE: There WILL be 2 or more roosters in this bunch, but again, they will not attack and are absolutely gorgeous.

If you would like monetary compensation for the use of your land, let me know and we can try to negotiate!

Thank you for any help!!!

I would gladly do this for you.. too bad I'm in Pennsylvania.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom