Help please 🙏🏻❤️. Using Nurture Right 360 for the first time

Hi Everyone! So my friend is letting me use her Nurture right 360 incubator, she hasn’t used it in a while. After watching videos I decided to order also a Govee thermometer to make sure that the temperature and moisture were right. I still have not put the eggs in, just wanted to try it out before since it’s been a while since she last used it. So the temperature on the machine and the govee are SO different. A lot of degrees difference.

Also I live in Florida so our humidity is usually very high, so there’s no water in the machine just yet since I’ve read about “dry” hatching. Can anyone help me figure this out please? ❤️🙏🏻 attached pictures for reference.
Unable to get humidity lower for first 18 days , it's at 60% and will not go down ?

Unable to get humidity lower for first 18 days , it's at 60% and will not go down ?
Do you only have water in one side? If you put too much water in it will overflow into side B. I only put about 1/4-1/2c of water. Do you have the vent fully open?

I would use a paper towel or towel and absorb some of the water that is in there to bring it down to about 45

Do you only have water in one side? If you put too much water in it will overflow into side B. I only put about 1/4-1/2c of water. Do you have the vent fully open?

I would use a paper towel or towel and absorb some of the water that is in there to bring it down to about 45
I have removed all water and vent is open , now at 55 % , I read that is too high ?

I have removed all water and vent is open , now at 55 % , I read that is too high ?
Yes a bit high. Do you have a calibrated hygrometer in there or just using the incubator reading? It may either be off if using the incubator one or just taking time to come down. You can open it for a bit to let some out and see if it goes back up or stays down.

I am using the same incubator in my classroom and have had a problem develop. Before when I hatched eggs I could go in my room at any time on the weekends to check on temp and humidity. I am at a different school and do not have access to my room on the weekends. I noticed that the humidity dropped to 34% when I was out for 1 day. When I am gone for the weekend I am concerned that it will be too low. Any suggestions on how to keep the humidity up while I do not have access to the incubator? I have hatched successfully with this incubator but this is a new issue.

@Iluveggers

I am using the same incubator in my classroom and have had a problem develop. Before when I hatched eggs I could go in my room at any time on the weekends to check on temp and humidity. I am at a different school and do not have access to my room on the weekends. I noticed that the humidity dropped to 34% when I was out for 1 day. When I am gone for the weekend I am concerned that it will be too low. Any suggestions on how to keep the humidity up while I do not have access to the incubator? I have hatched successfully with this incubator but this is a new issue.

I tagged the one that can help you with this.

@Iluveggers

I tagged the one that can help you with this.
I put a jar of water next to my incubator at about the same height, and wet a shoelace and threaded it into the incubator and stuck the other end in the jar. It was enough to keep the shoelace wet all weekend. The height to not have it drip or dry out took a bit of tinkering, so try it out for a few days before you set eggs to see how to make it work right. Good luck!

I use both the NR360 and a Govee. I don't believe you can put a Govee in the ice OR boiling water. What I did was put it in a plastic bag and be sure all the air was out. I then put that in the ice water and calculated it that way. It does take the Govee a bit to catch up. You can then go on the app and adjust the temp there to be the correct temp.

My NR360 has always been off on temp and I know a friends of mine was too. I have to have mine set at 100.5 for it to be 99.5 on average in there. Where it rolls the eggs around the incubator you will have some cool spots and some warm spots. The great thing about the Govee is you can see what the average is. You want the ave to read 99.5. you may have times that it drops into the 98's and times that it hits a bit over 100 and that is fine. You just don't want it to go super high or low.

You can also do the salt test with the Govee the normal way to calibrate the hygrometer part of it.

GL!!!!!!!!
Speaking of cold spots and hotspots I am trying to hatch out quail eggs in my nurture, right 360 I only have 15 small quail eggs and I’m wondering if I should put them in the inner ring directly under the fan or in the outer ring of the egg turner tray

Speaking of cold spots and hotspots I am trying to hatch out quail eggs in my nurture, right 360 I only have 15 small quail eggs and I’m wondering if I should put them in the inner ring directly under the fan or in the outer ring of the egg turner tray
Not sure if it matters but I did them in the outer ring. Do u have a quail tray?

Back
Top Bottom