Help please. Hurt Rouen

bckyrdchknluvr

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 12, 2011
My husband noticed yesterday that one of our Rouen hens was not out with the other ducks, so he went in to their pen to see if she was OK. She was still in their house and when he went to pick her up, she tried to get away but was limping baldy. He put her down with the other ducks and she was able to get around and eat and drink. So we left her to see if she maybe just pulled a muscle or something. She was able to get into their home which is raised about two feet of the ground and has a ramp. She came out this morning with the other ducks, but now appears to be doing worse. Her lower leg into her foot now looks a little swollen and she doesn't want to put any weight on it. Her leg felt normal yesterday and today other than the obvious swelling, it still feels normal, so I don't think it's broke. We don't have an avian vet very close so I am hoping some one can help me with a solution to help her.

Last edited:
Sounds like she has something stuck in it, or she could have walked over a yellow jacket nest. I hope she will be ok.

Sounds like she has something stuck in it, or she could have walked over a yellow jacket nest. I hope she will be ok.

Thank you. I don't think it's bumble foot, I do check for that, but I'm still going to go check her again right away.

Back
Top Bottom