Help Please!!!!!!

Chickie_Momma_91

Chirping
Apr 29, 2021
I’ve got 2 bantams. Their grow out/introduction pen is ready to go. They’re roughly just over 4 and 5 weeks respectively. Almost fully feathered. Off the heat lamp 100% for 2 days, have been weaning off for a week. I have this heating pad thing.
They’re temp coop is fairly small so it’s not huge where body heat will dissipate quickly. Can they go out? Circumstances deem they needed out like a week ago.

photo of our lows, the babies a week or so ago, and the heating pad I have.
625CCE84-7F1D-4787-A0D8-8B23E1ADAB8E.jpeg
23403E31-16CE-44E4-9820-6DE10E732ACE.jpeg
DEB8B97C-0B45-4075-B500-3474F67FBFFE.png

They will be perfectly fine. Mine are just about 4 and 5 weeks, and they’ve been outside without a heat lamp for a week. Our temps are similar to yours. And chickens don’t need to really huddle together to keep warm; their down / feathers keep them warm. Just make sure their coop is properly ventilated and they’ll be fine!

They will be perfectly fine. Mine are just about 4 and 5 weeks, and they’ve been outside without a heat lamp for a week. Our temps are similar to yours. And chickens don’t need to really huddle together to keep warm; their down / feathers keep them warm. Just make sure their coop is properly ventilated and they’ll be fine!
I just noticed my bantams needed the lamp longer and it made me nervous.

Back
Top Bottom