Help please!

rileenicole

In the Brooder
Aug 7, 2023
So I have a broody hen that had been laying on 2 eggs(one was laid a week earlier by broody hen and then another hen laid one a week after in that same spot and I didnt realize it) well egg #1 has hatched but there is the one that still has at least a week left... it's in the incubator but I have eggs that have only been in there less than a week.. what do I do when it's hatch time for the more developed egg? Do I try to get mama to lay back on it? Ik the humidity has to be high when hatch time but I have the other eggs in there also.. I have the kebbonix incubator

Just let it hatch in the incubator, you may be able to slip it under mom or you might not.
I agree and have nothing to add to this.

PS: next time when you want help make sure the title gives a very brief description. This can help people who know lots about this find your post easier. You probably would’ve gotten way more responses.
For example, this post’s title could’ve been some variation of ‘Broody isn’t sitting on egg with week left’ or ‘Is my egg with a week left ok in the same bator as younger eggs?’ You could’ve even written something like ‘incubating difficulties’ or ‘broody hen problems’. Then have a short paragraph explaining everything like you did. It would have made it much easier for you to get help.

Just a tip for next time. Hope your egg does ok ♥️

Back
Top Bottom