HELP! Rescued small flock

Bbang1015

In the Brooder
Mar 21, 2022
I just rescued 6 free range chickens from not so great living conditions so unfortunately I do not have a lot of background information about them. From my knowledge, it appears I have 4 Buff Orpingtons, 1 black frizzle and 1 possibly mixed breed (I have never seen one similar to her)
They were eggs laid when i picked them up but i don know which ones are laying.
But other than some TLC, fresh water and good quality feed... what can i provide to boost them up?

It seems like there has been some bullying due to one of them comb is almost completely gone and another chicken has a missing piece and part of it is white.

(I have a small flock of 6 chickens that are in a coop/run and are being kept separate from the new flock)

you can give the electrolytes, are they thin?
pictures needed of them
get some disinfecting spray for the combs
go to tractor supply if possible
or your feed store
but i need pics
I appreciate your quick reply! I am currently at work and will get up close pictures as soon as I can. They do not seem thin. They are fluffy with nice feathers. I do not believe they have any feet issues either. They all seem to be okay there.

But other than some TLC, fresh water and good quality feed... what can i provide to boost them up?
I would start with that: proper living conditions, and constant access to fresh water and a complete feed.

Also check them over for external parasites (lice, mites, etc.)

You could try to take a fecal sample to a vet to check for worms, but if the chickens seem healthy and not too skinny, it might not be worth the effort.

From what you've described, they sound fairly healthy, so they may not need anything beyond normal good care.

Back
Top Bottom