Help with breeds?

GalloFino

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 28, 2010
Mexico
Here are some pictures of a flock I visited over the weekend. I wonder if anyone could give me some pointers as to the breeds? I figured out bantam vs full size and boy vs girl. Thanks much for any help!

Pic 1: Two juvenile roos and three hens:

70681_rufus_032.jpg

Pic 2: Bantam roo:

70681_rufus_033.jpg

Pic 3: Bantam roo, his hen, and their son (with the wheaten colored hackles). Same black and white juvenile roo as in first pic, same white & light brown hen as in first pic. Miscellaneous hens.

70681_rufus_035.jpg

Well I am bad a this but I would say a naked neck turken is the forst roo, the red hen looks to be production red. Second bantam roo looks like a serama

Top photo: Two Naked Necks at the top(girl and boy), Naked Neck rooster on bottom left, then, not sure what type of bantam hen (need comb type and earlobe color) and then on the right is a Sex Link hen.

Middle photo: Old English Game Bantam in center, Naked Neck hen on left, Sex Link hen on right.

Bottom photo: Naked Neck hen, two OEGB roosters and possibly an OEGB hen, two Naked Necks in back again, Sex Link on on far right again, and the center rooster facing away I'm not sure of. He's a golden duckwing color, whatever he is.

Ha ha ha...I'm such a newb! I'd even read about the Naked Necks on here, but when I saw these guys in person I just assumed they were moulting...simultaneously...and only in the neck...? Thanks much for the help.

So the little mainly white hen would also be considered a bantam? She is smaller than the naked necks, but not nearly as small as the cocky little bantam roos strutting around.

P.S. The one in the cage is a Spanish Game X.

I see your point about her being a little bigger. I would agree, she's not a bantam.

What is her earlobe color, and does she have a single comb (sawtooth edge) or a pea comb? (three rows of lumps) Or a rosecomb? (flat, broad, small scattered lumps, has a pointed tip at the back)

Thanks so much for the help so far. I cropped the photos to get a better look at that little hen. To me it looks like she has a single comb and white earlobe?

70681_hen.jpg

70681_hen2.jpg

I've found a few notes about the bantams that are quite interesting (well, at least to me, hopefully to others too!) that I'll stick on here later today.

Back
Top Bottom