Help with defining colours

DukesDucks

Crowing
Oct 6, 2019
Eastern Ontario, Canada
I've been trying to use various charts for guinea colours but still am not certain. Could someone please help as I want to have proper descriptions before posting for sale. They were not very cooperative so I hope pics are clear enough
Lavender.jpg

I was told this one is Lavender. Hard to see in this light but she does have a purple/grey hue to her feathers.

Dappled.jpg

These have no white on their chest. Purple hue on neck feathers.
Dappled with white.jpg

Various pattern of white on chests.

Thank you in advance.

I've been trying to use various charts for guinea colours but still am not certain. Could someone please help as I want to have proper descriptions before posting for sale. They were not very cooperative so I hope pics are clear enoughView attachment 3741023

I was told this one is Lavender. Hard to see in this light but she does have a purple/grey hue to her feathers.

View attachment 3741025
These have no white on their chest. Purple hue on neck feathers.
View attachment 3741027
Various pattern of white on chests.

Thank you in advance.
Main bird in photo one is a Lavender.

Photo two, main birds are Pearl Gray.

Last photo are Pied Pearl Grays.

Thank you so much.
Prior to selling I want to band the males or females so they can quickly be told apart. Somewhere on here, I read that it is easy to accidently break a leg of a guinea. This will be a two person job with one holding and one putting on the bands. Any advice on caching and holding. I'm used to catching my Muscovy ducks by the legs and then pinning down wings but those are big, sturdy birds.

Thank you so much.
Prior to selling I want to band the males or females so they can quickly be told apart. Somewhere on here, I read that it is easy to accidently break a leg of a guinea. This will be a two person job with one holding and one putting on the bands. Any advice on caching and holding. I'm used to catching my Muscovy ducks by the legs and then pinning down wings but those are big, sturdy birds.
I used a large net readily available from Walmart.I would hold both legs together in my left hand (I'm right handed) and position the bird between my ribs and arm to control the wings.

I use different colored wire ties which allows me to put the band on the leg with my right hand. I would adjust the band so that it was tight enough that it would not slip over the foot but was not snug to allow for future growth and use a pair of fold up scissors to cut off the excess band.

Back
Top Bottom