Help with duckling

Patriciaosborne

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2021
I had three ducklings externally pip under mama but them mama took her other ducklings off the nest so I put the three in an incubator. One has successfully hatched so far. My question is will mama accept the duckling if after it dries and fluffs I give it back to her? Thank you

Someone posted last week that they had done just that successfully. I believe the idea was to distract mom a little and sneak it in and then watch to be sure she accepts it. I'm thinking ducks do not count very well 😉. Good luck!

Someone posted last week that they had done just that successfully. I believe the idea was to distract mom a little and sneak it in and then watch to be sure she accepts it. I'm thinking ducks do not count very well 😉. Good luck!
As soon as I opened the door the mama quacked like she always does and the duckling peeped over and over so I think she recognized her mama. I went over and set the duckling down by mama and she took it under her wing. Yay!! I’ve been keeping an eye on them just to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom